Monday, December 20, 2010

Chiguiro

Today for lunch we had a nice big organization-wide lunch to celebrate the year and the imminent holidays. We went to another open air restaurant, which was a bit of bad luck since it was monsoon-raining out. We all ordered ahead of time. The choices were "res" or "chiguiro": beef or "the world's largest living rodent"... As I have chosen to be an adventurous eater here in Colombia, I went for the rodent. It actually was fairly tasty, but I think I have come to a point where meat is no longer required: I have been more adventurous than ever before, and I think this trip home and a break from nothing but meat & carbs can be a transition period between my carnivorous diet and a return to vegetarianism. Here are some photos of the colorless dish I was served (you can count on at least 2 forms of carbs: arepa & potato + meat)

World's Largest Charring Rodent.

No comments:

Post a Comment