Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Cholado & Frickasee

Well, I am in Cali this week, a "tierra caliente" or warm land in Colombia (similar to Ibagué in climate), and the food it slightly different. This morning I had a DELICIOUS cheesy arepa, toasted & with butter for breakfast... YUM! We went to lunch at a home-style restuarant, and I had trout in a seafood bisque sauce. Before the main dish, though, they brought out a soup that seemed somehow similar to chicken frickasee (Mom, help me out with the spelling!). It was a brothy soup with veggies & dumpling-like masses. Very tasty. We finished lunch off with our guava juice & a passionfruit custard. Mmm Mmm Good.
For a mid-afternoon snack we had cholados, which are shaved ice with fruit juice, fruit chunks, and a milk/caramel sauce. Delicious. Truly.
I wrapped up the night with some mango juice & a banana ball stuffed with cheese & then fried. I didn't take any pictures of that treat, but it was sure tasty.

No comments:

Post a Comment