Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Chontaduro & Champus: Cali Delicacies

Today's gastronomical adventures included chontaduro, a palm-plant fruit that is served with salt & honey. Honestly it tastes more like a sweet potato than a fruit, but it was sufferable.
Chontaduro from the inside.
We also enjoyed 'Champus' which is a drink made of pineapple, lulo (similar to passionfruit), corn, unrefined sugar, cinnamon, bay leaf, and water. Kind of sweet, kind of thick, not bad. Normally accompanies empanadas, which we later stopped on the side of the road to eat, with another round of the drink... I also ate a passionfruit mousse, but forgot to take a picture. This is all snacks. For lunch I had mushroom cheese crepes & 2 mango in milk juices. I am FULL! But I am heading out with my temporary host family yet again for food tonight. Yikes!

No comments:

Post a Comment