Monday, February 7, 2011

Fish fillet?

The food has been less than noteworthy, of late, which leaves this elegant sufficiency blog rather bored. My vegetarian restaurant next to the office has been closed for 2 full weeks out of the 3 that I have been back at work. A real drag, since I used to get lunch and bring it back to the office so I could chat with friends during the 2 hour break. Instead I went to a vegetarian restaurant about a half mile away, run by hari krishnas. It was tastey food, but rather small portion sizes, and the walk took almost all of the free time away from the 2 hour break, once I had gone, eaten, and come back. I went to a restaurant up the street all last week. Meat-heavy, but at least it filled me up, and it was cheap. But last week I began going to the pool during the lunch break, swimming half a mile - a kilometer, depending on my energy level, and eating was squashed into the 15 minutes in between the time I got back from the pool and 2:00, when work begins again. I have no trouble finishing lunch in 15 minutes, so no biggie.

"Fish fillet," rice, beans, platano, & a slice of cucumber with a slice of onion for a "salad" = lunch
Arepa raw material. Mmmm Mmmm good.

No comments:

Post a Comment